*Effective - Producers who have completed their first full renewal period after June 30, 2014 are required to complete:24 CE hours, including 3 hours of Ethics, every 2 year license term (see license term below).
24 CE hours are required every 2 year license term (see license term below).
* Producers who last renewed in 2011 will be required to obtain 20 hours before they renew in 2013.
* The conversion to birth month renewals began with producers renewing in May 2012. As of May 2012, when license renewals and reinstatements were processed, the new license renewal date was set to the last day of the birth month. This process should be completed by the end of May 2015.
Click here for additional information about your CE compliance requirement.
Producers planning to sell the following products have special training or education requirements as described below:
Special Training/Education Requirements
Annuity Training Requirement
Before selling, soliciting, or negotiating annuity products in Indiana, producers must complete a one-time annuity training course approved for at least 4 hours.
Long-Term Care (LTC)
* Initial 8-hour LTC training requirement: Before marketing, selling, or soliciting any LTC products, a producer must initially complete an 8-hour basic LTC continuing education course specifically approved for LTC. The 8 hours may be counted as part of the required CE credits for the compliance period in which they were completed.
* Ongoing 5-hour LTC training requirement: Producers satisfying the initial 8-hour requirement must complete a minimum of 5 hours of LTC insurance courses every 2 years.
* Long-Term Care Partnership (LTCP) Long-Term Care Partnership program requirement: Producers who will sell LTC policies under the Indiana Long-Term Care Partnership (ILTCP) program must satisfy a one-time 7-hour training requirement in addition to the initial 8-hour LTC training requirement, for a total of 15 hours. The 7-hour ILTCP must be completed in a classroom.
Certificate of Completion NAIFA-Indiana provides a printed certificates of completion for Indiana. Producers must retain copies of each certificate of completion in their files for at least 4 years.
CE Completion Reporting Instant Reporting - Insurance CE credits are immediately reported to Sircon upon course completion.
Sircon Contact Information Phone: 877-876-4430
Web site: www.sircon.com
Indiana Department of Insurance Phone: (317) 232-2385 or (317) 232-5858
Fax: (317) 234-5882
Indiana Department of Insurance
311 West Washington Street, Suite 103
Indianapolis, IN 46204 Web site:www.in.gov/idoi